Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Doctor's visit

So had my 27th week doctor visit today. Had to do my sugar test. I had quite a bit of sugar in my urine so they said it was likely that I would have to come back and do the 3 hour sugar test. :( I was wondering what my blood sugar was 2 hours after the sugar test (as the amount of sugar that is in the sugar test should be similar to that of a meal). So I checked when I got home and my blood sugar was 138. That's not good. If my blood sugar 1 hour after I took the test was 140 or more that it would mean that I need to do the 3 hour test. Looks like I will most likely be doing the test. So might be spending a chunk of my day on Friday doing that 3 hour test. Nice way to spend your day off huh?!
My iron level was fine, as my hematocrit was 34. My blood pressure was okay at 118/62. It was up a little more than the last few visit but I was nervous about the sugar test so I'm sure that didn't help it to be any lower. I gained about 4 more pounds. So still in the range I should be in.
So just keep the sugar test in your prayers. I'm not excited about the fact that I will likely have to do the 3 hour test, but am really hoping that it comes back normal. I don't want the risks associated with gestational diabetes! Guess in a way I know too much. :(
Will keep you updated as to what they say. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment